Five & Six…

My computer has been on the ‘fritz’ the past couple days & blogger didn’t allow me to upload either.  So I’m trying today to get back on track.  So over the past couple days we’ve been crazy busy with end of the school year projects and activities & of course celebrating Fathers Day.  We still have till Wednesday afternoon until our school year is completed.  Next comes the reality of summer with all the kiddos home.
For today – I am sharing with you “Five and Six”…I know you are probably wondering if I am going to continue to introduce each one as it arrives and my answer is YES!, as I wouldn’t want anyone feeling less special than another. 
201079
The momma’s are doing great! 
165168
And all the chicks are looking healthy & happy, although you can see by this photo – Six needs to figure out which way to go. 
205
So glad the coop is starting it’s expansion this week.  Although none of these chicks will be staying here at Fishtail Cottage (kids disagree) – they need to be rehomed.  Can anyone tell me how long they need to stay in the box inside the house & when can they be introduced to the outdoors & start staying in the new part of the expansion (once completed of course)?  
Thanks for coming by to see what is going on with our sweet babies & sharing any knowledge you may have! xoox, tracie

Comments

NanaDiana said…
Ohh...5 & 6 are so cute too! Yes! I have to comment on each one because I wouldn't want one to feel any less special than another!;>) I don't know squat about chickens...but you could check with that crazy chick Jayme The Coop Keeper blog. You can tell her the Crazy Blond Wisconsin Lady sent you!;>) We be friends- xo Diana
Julie Marie said…
Hi Tracie, oooh, 5 and 6 are just precious too!... I have to agree with the kids... you should keep them! I love them all!... xoxo Julie Marie
Becca's Dirt said…
They are cute as can be.
I'm going to side with the kids, they should stay at Fishtail Cottage ;) When we've raised chicks in brooders, we don't put them out until they have most of their first feathers (between 4-7 weeks). For some it depends on breed (our Brahma was a slow developer, and inside much longer than that), and also depends on the weather. If momma raises them, she keeps them warm/cool, but on their own it takes time for them to thermoregulate properly.
Delaney said…
Oh my goodness! How adorable!
http://sweetteaserendipity.blogspot.com
What clever chickens you have...and oh so pretty...I think I want some pretty hens next time lol

I am still patiently waiting to see the coop...I know it is going to be divine.

Blessings Kelsie
These are precious!! What will you do with them?

XO,
Jane
Blue Creek Home said…
Oh my goodness, I love your little chickies!!! They are so dang cute!
Rhonda
Unknown said…
they are sooooo adorable!
Ricki Treleaven said…
Tracie, I am enjoying your photos of the little chickies. Thanks for posting them..they put a smile on my face!
Arabella said…
Thank you so much for sharing your little chick babies with us. I grew up on a farm with chickens so this brings back great memories of being a little one.

Sorry to hear about your computer and hope you get a chance to come over this week and enter our "Celebrate Summer" giveaway for a pair of Beach Glass Earrings.

Hugs,
Marie
They are just too cute!!
Kathy said…
Oh please! Introduce them all as they come - they're precious! Wish I could have a chicken coop!
My neighbor has a terrific one and my father-in-law has a few chickens - don't know the answer to your question though! I am sure you're children are just loving the chickens - thank you for sharing this with Savoring Summer!
God Bless,
Kathy
How adorable!

I am having trouble today on blogger too...won't let me upload any photos. Hate missing white wednesday...and it is my anniversary!
Heaven's Walk said…
Awwwwww....they're ALL sooooo darned cute!!!!! I wouldn't be able to give them up either..... lol!

xoxo laurie

Popular Posts