Fishtail Cottage Garden 5/18/15

IMG_0568I promise you  I’ve sat down every day this week to blog about the garden and think, if I just wait one more day there will be more to share! So now that I’m at the end of the week – I decided that I better get busy and just share what I have blooming in the garden!  Above the “Polar Joy” rose trees are in bloom and I am anticipating the “Sarah Bernhardt” peonies to open up right after I post this! You can see from the photo’s below that these Rhododendron’s opened up beautifully this week – these photo’s were taken just a couple days from one another. It’s unbelievable how quickly the landscape is changing.

IMG_9964IMG_0025

Along with the rhododendron's most of the peonies are opening – not all of them, just a few! I love that the rain has stayed away so that I can take photo’s of these beauties!

IMG_0507IMG_0269IMG_0214IMG_0306IMG_0192IMG_0307IMG_0023IMG_0220IMG_0193IMG_0442

An azalea that I completely forgot I planted years ago is climbing it’s way out of hiding!  It’s called “Everest” azalea.  It is blooming weeks after my other favorites ‘Hino Crimson’ and ‘Northern Highlight’ azalea. Seeing this beautiful plant finally peek out over the hosta’s next to it means it’s roots have finally established by the pondless waterfall and eventually the vision of seeing its potential of five to six feet wide and high with the hosta’s below it just might come true in a few more years!

IMG_0182IMG_0389

I know this is a long post, but really it’s well worth scrolling through all of the photo’s! Below are the roses that are still appearing in the garden. please just ask if you need names of any of the plants I post – go ahead and email me! I’ve noticed sometimes blogger doesn’t forward the comments.  To see more photo’s of the garden you can follow me on Facebook and Instagram too.

IMG_0438IMG_9959IMG_0200IMG_0562IMG_0217IMG_0512IMG_9975IMG_0517IMG_0234IMG_0467IMG_0518IMG_0455IMG_0271IMG_0459IMG_0222IMG_9980IMG_0450IMG_0279IMG_0230IMG_0026IMG_0454

Okay – now for a few miscellaneous blooms!

IMG_0198IMG_0187IMG_0283IMG_0226IMG_0216IMG_0287IMG_9950IMG_0197IMG_0293IMG_0278IMG_0206IMG_0211

Wishing you all a happy and enjoyable Memorial Day! 

“Memorial Day is an opportunity to pause and reflect on the sacrifices of the more than one million Soldiers, Marines, Sailors, Airmen and Coast Guardsmen who have made the ultimate sacrifice to secure our freedoms.” – General Norton Schwartz

IMG_0480

xoxo, tracie

Comments

Sister Patty said…
Absolutely stunning!
KathyB. said…
I know what you mean about the landscape changing every day. The flowers, bushes, tress, WEEDS , all are growing rapidly and every morning brings such delight as I see the new blooms and buds.

Your gardens and flowers are so beautiful. What joy for you. ( and I know how hard you must work for the joy ! )
Sylvia said…
Beautiful!! Love strolling through your garden, thanks for sharing.
My Cozy Casita said…
Oh God beautiful !!!!
Blessing
Isora
XO
Unknown said…
Gorgeous (as usual!!!) My rhodo is just starting to colour up - another week or so and we'll have blooms! I can't wait - last year I didn't get any blooms - they froze in the cold winter. So this past fall, we wrapped them in burlap and babied them all winter. It worked - I have a ton of buds. It's going to be beautiful.

Would love for you to link up on my What's Blooming This Week garden party! (just like your old linky - which I miss).
Tiff said…
I'm seriously drooling right now! Can you come help me? Your gardens are beautiful!!! I just did a blog post about my yard and it looks so sad compared to yours.(http://foldedgingham.blogspot.com/2015/05/outside-spring-2015.html)
Any tips for a beginner on how to get such a lush floral garden?
Mindy said…
You know I always enjoy your garden posts.
rindymae.blogspot.com
{oc cottage} said…
wow! so awesome!!

m ^..^
So pretty Tracie, the highlight of my week to come and visit your gardens. I love the light pink columbine, do you collect seeds from any of your plants?
Heaven's Walk said…
Gorgeous....breathtaking....and just incredibly beautiful, Tracie! You are such a gifted gardener! I always love seeing pics of your sanctuary. So inspiring! I would love to know the name of the rose in the first photo. It's such a beautiful magenta color!

xoxo laurie
Carole West said…
Your pictures are amazing. I really enjoyed this article. Hope you have a great weekend.
Carole @ Garden Up Green
Tracie, your garden is gorgeous! Thank you for sharing! You are one of the features today at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link to this week's party. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2015/06/make-it-pretty-monday-week-137.html Hope to see you again at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse
Hi Tracie! I wanted to let you know that I have a new series that is a compilation of all of the weekly features of all of the parties at The Dedicated House. You of course, were one of those features. Here is the link to the Weekly Feature Series. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2015/06/features-from-week.html Pop on over and check out all of the features. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Popular Posts