12 Gifts for Gardeners ... Day #10

This time of year, it’s difficult to not be missing my garden...To keep my mind always dreaming of next summer and planning what I want to change or add to the landscape, I turn to my collection of saved magazines and garden books for inspiration.  One of my favorite books full of a current obsession of mine is, “Beardless Irises: A Plant for Every Garden Situation by Kevin C. Vaughn”.

I absolutely love irises in the garden, they are so cheerful and unique…every year I see more and more colors being introduced.  This book has all the latest and greatest Beardless Irises in one place…. Beardless Irises are cousins to one of my favorite cottage garden flowers the “Bearded Iris”.  Beardless Irises are quickly becoming a new garden favorite because there is less maintenance. Beardless irises range from 4 inch tall dwarf flowers to 5 foot tall dinner plate size flowers and all are stunning in the landscape.  Most gardening situations if they're dry or wet, full sun to full shade can handle some type of Beardless Iris!  This book covers the major groups of irises; Siberian Japanese, Pacific Coast Native, Spuria and the Louisiana Beardless Irises.  Of course accompanied with beautiful pictures and detailed information throughout the entire book.



What gardener wouldn't love to start dreaming of planting more flowers in the garden next spring? Click here to order a copy for your favorite gardener!
xoxo, tracie



Comments

Beautiful book. I just planted some for next year! Di
Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Larry said…
Looks like a great book! I have been doing more and more Siberians, Spurias, and hoping to increase my number of pseudata varieties. This past season I replanted and designed a number of areas in the gardens and emphacised hundreds of Siberians with interesectional peonies.... particularly 'Bartzellas'.... Tracy... are you familliar with 'Joe Pye Nursery' on the web... lots and lots of neat Siberians.... take care, Larry
The Iris was one of my mom's favorites, so of course I love them too! Looks like I have a lot of catching up to do. Want to see all of your gifts for gardener posts. Also, wanted to let you know that I shared how to bleach the trees on my blog.
Have a very Merry Christmas!
hugs,
Jann

Popular Posts