Cottage Garden 5/27/16

My favorite week of the year is happening this week! its the week where both the Polar Joy Roses are in Bloom along with the peonies up the front walkway! 
Check out how stunning the Polar Joy Rose Tree blooms are! I love these trees because they are own root (not grafted).  I found them at Christianson's Nursery years ago when I was researching what to put in my garden.  I feel so lucky to own these beautiful rose trees, as I have never seen them available since my original search.

Last year I planted these snapdragons because they are my daughters favorite! Love that they are in the same color pallet as the other blooms in the walkway!

Okay, now for an honest confession....I have always thought and listed these beautiful peonies on my front walkway as "Sarah Berndhart" - I am honestly not sure why I thought that is what I planted...but it was what I had in my mind that I planted.  However, I was recently told an unnamed peony that I have in a different location is a Sarah Berndhart.  Sure enough when I compared online photo's I've been quoting the wrong variety all these years.  So I went back to my garden journal to see what I originally ordered back in 2007 and found that the peonies I planted are in fact "Peony Sorbet".  They are just stunning and glad I can finally share the correct name with everyone.  As you can see, the different stages of these gorgeous peonies are so pretty! Interesting though, it looks as though some are thicker in their petal numbers and size.  The mixture is breathtaking!

 
 

A few other blooms happening here in the garden this week are as photo'd; Freesia, Pink Flowering Dogwood, Chives, Lavender, Japanese Snowbell Tree, Japanese Pagoda & Spirea.

 
 
 
Hope you all enjoy your weekend! xoox, tracie







Comments

Your garden is looking magnificent!

Have a wonderful weekend.
My Cozy Casita said…
So many beautiful clot of flower I always live to look at your blog
Have happy Memorial Day
Blessing
Isora
Bernideen said…
Dear Tracie:
Everything looks so lovely! Such a beautiful place.
peggy said…
Tracie, your flowers are so beautiful. The roses and peonies are fabulous together.
Prairie Charm said…
All so beautiful Tracie! Alexandra
Tracie, your garden is always soooo dreamy!!!!! That white gate is gorgeous!!!
Junkchiccottage said…
Ahhh just beautiful Tracie.
Hugs,
Kris
Your garden is stunning and what a treat to see! Thanks for sharing it with us!!
Tamera said…
Those peonies are Gorgeous! They don't grow well here, but I thoroughly enjoy seeing your photos! ❤️
Unknown said…
Your garden is beautiful! I was stunned at how really good your photos are when I enlarged them on your blog!
It's all just stunning Tracie! The rose trees are gorgeous! My peonies are starting to open and it's "oh happy day" for me as well!
hugs,
Jann
Thank you Tracie for sharing all this stunning photos with us!! I was particular interested in the name of your beautiful peonies and I was so glad to find your story of their names. Sadly in Sweden I can't find any peonies with that name that resembles yours!! I love the colors of them the mix of whites and pink. All the best Mari

Popular Posts