Cottage Garden 6/9/16

Just barely two weeks ago, I shared my front entrance with you and already so much has changed in the front walkway.  The prolific peony blooms have already come and gone and I've already had to dead head them to allow the pretty (and tall) snapdragons to put on their own show. Arent they so pretty?

Souvenir de la Malmaison Rose is always my favorite rose to bloom in the garden. It is so magnificent in my landscape climbing over the picket fence ~ both the blooms and the fragrance are impeccable. The color is just stunning! Easy for me to grow and not a lot of fuss with disease for this rose.  I can keep it as large as I'd like, yet cutting it back doesn't seem to make this pretty rose unhappy.
 

Another of my favorite roses that have appeared since the last time I shared my garden is The Fairy Roses....along my rusted fence at the top of my Rose Terrace, they look amazing!

Also blooming on the Rose Terrace is the gorgeous violet tall Siberian Iris. It's been three years since I planted these and each year they meet my expectations even more!

The colors this time of year are just so gorgeous...I love the combination of the perennials and roses everywhere!  Some of the roses blooming new this week are...(labeled in order of photo) Gertrude Jekyll, Queen of Sweden, Gruss an Aachen, Ruffled Cloud, Scepter d' Isle Rose and the last set of roses photo'd in a square are all unnamed roses purchased at the local grocery store. 
 
 

Hydrangeas are beginning to appear too in the landscape ~ I always get excited to bring hydrangeas in as cut flowers and allow them to dry inside.
 

To see more of my garden photo's ~ please follow me on Facebook and Instagram! Hope you all are enjoying your week...xoxo, tracie




Comments

Larry said…
This is truly spectacular... Larry
Beautiful, and what a collection of roses!
Sylvia said…
Your garden is always so beautiful and filled with such wonderful flowers. I love your garden gate and the snapdragons are gorgeous. Beautiful pink roses and Iris!!
LV said…
Be still my heart. Such gorgeous flowers. I love all flowers and have many in my yard as well.
My Cozy Casita said…
This is the time of the year I always stop to look at your blog so many beautiful flower around your lovely garden!!!!
Happy summer๐ŸŒน๐Ÿ„⛵️๐Ÿ๐Ÿž
Isora
Hi Tracy! Your cottage garden is charming! The roses are exquisite and snapdragons are very showy.
A truly beautiful garden Tracie and one that we always love seeing at Shabbilicious Friday. I'm delighted to be sharing it at tomorrow's party. Your garden must smell so fragrant with all those roses flowering. Hugs ~ Kerryanne
Unknown said…
Where did you get the cotton candy lilac
Unknown said…
Where did you get the cotton candy lilac
Felecia Cofield said…
I just love all your flowers, especially the roses! I have so many that I don't know the name of them all! I wished I'd kept up with that. Thanks for sharing! Blessings from Bama!
It's all beautiful!

FlowerLady

Popular Posts