Cottage Garden 7/15/16

The Gardens here at Fishtail Cottage is certainly keeping me busy these days. I can't believe how much I have been cutting back and maintaining to keep everything orderly.  As you can see the Vanilla Strawberry Hydrangeas are finally showing their white blooms along the front of my of the house. Tucked in at the base of each hydrangea is Pink Supreme Carpet Roses peeking out with their showy blooms.
 
I just noticed today that the middle of the Vanilla Strawberry Hydrangea bloom in beginning to show pink.  I never noticed that before, this must be the beginning of the pink stage!
So many Hydrangeas are blooming in the landscape this week so I'm just sharing all the pretty colors and glory that they are displaying. If you are interested in the name of a certain variety, please message me as I keep a garden journal, and am sure I have the name of everyone of these somewhere.
 
 
 
 Thank you for coming over to see my landscape this week! Hope everyone enjoys their upcoming weekend! xoxo, tracie


ps - please follow me on Instagram (i'm having so much fun over there!)




Comments

Bernideen said…
Love love your hydrangeas. I have enjoyed mine to this summer. My hydrangeas that are the Strawberry ones so far stay white mostly - who knows! Your garden is always an escape to such beauty and very inspiring to everyone who see's it!!!
Jenny H. said…
So many pretty hydrangeas! I'm envious, for sure! All of my hydrangeas are holding out on me an not blooming well this year. Do you have any tips for getting lots of blooms?

Thanks for sharing,
Jenny
www.harmonyhillshomeandgarden.com
Donna said…
Gorgeous, gorgeous hydrangeas! I have three large plants and nary a bloom. I'm with Miss Jenny...any tips for growing hydrangeas?
Hi Jenny & Donna! I messaged you, but thought I should post here in case anyone else has a question of what I do. What variety do you have? When did you trim your hydrangeas? Most hydrangeas only bloom on old wood. So if you cut your hydrangeas too far back, you cut off next year’s bloom. In the fall (never in the spring), i cut just below this current year’s bloom… I’ve had a few attempts at keeping my hydrangeas in a shape that I prefer (rounded) however they come back the following year to their own preferred size with very little blooms. So I just decided to let them do their own thing. I’ve had to remove a few plants that just weren’t happy in their location (either were getting to large for the space I originally planted them, or the sun burned them faster than they could bloom – which isn’t pretty! Let me know if you have any more questions. Happy to help!

Bernideen - it will stay white for weeks and slowly start to turn pink as the weather heats up.
Debbie said…
Your hydrangeas are all just beautiful! The curb appeal is amazing! Are the white with blue centers Mother Theresa hydrangeas? Love those!
Your yard must feel like Heaven.
Debbie
xo
So pretty. I will be cutting back and weeding today!
acorn hollow said…
I went on a garden walk yesterday and was amazed at all the different types of hydrangea's there is. I love them we have the very large ones that turn pink and was told it was called bishop sleeves so I think there are many names for each plant.
cathy
HeatherF1 said…
Your garden definitely is a great one for hydrangeas! They are so happy there! I wish mine looked half as good as yours!
Herry Johnson said…
It is safe to say that you are finding the best bobcaygeon resorts? We accessible different classifications of bobcaygeon fishing cottage rentals and pigeon lake angling or family cabin resort bobcaygeon. Bunny are possibilities for bobcaygeon family bungalow rentals.
Pondside said…
What a gorgeous collection of hydrangeas you have! I have three so far, with no idea of what they are. I will have to start to keep a garden journal as we build this new garden - thanks for the idea!
Bernideen said…
Your garden looks so wonderful! I love the full, thick filled in and so lush!!!

Popular Posts