Patio Reveal....

Its been a little over a month that we've had the patio back.  We've certainly enjoyed every minute of the remaining of summertime with our family and friends out here.  I've been promising a "reveal" for a while, and I can for sure see it will be awhile before I get settled out here.  I keep waiting for something to bloom, or I decide to move or replace something out here....so I figured I better go ahead and share it with you before Christmas season arrives. If you are wondering what our patio looked like before, here is a link. We changed the layout of it since the entire area had to be demo'd because of rot (here is that post, if you want to see that one too).

  
Right now most of the garden is quieting down and getting ready for fall.  But I still have these gorgeous roses blooming on in these World Market planters on my patio. I keep waiting for my new Eden from Heirloom Roses to open up - looks like any day?
 
You can already see I've got a few pumpkins that are up on the mantle. I'm sure there will be more fall decor I can share with you at a later date. Found these amazing ammo canisters at a cute little shop called "Jubeelee"  in Bend Oregon when we visited recently, along with the wooden sign saying "let it go" which whispers loudly to me when I go too deep in thought out here.
 

One of my favorite finds for out here on our patio is the huge clock that Julie over at Little Farmstead created.  As soon as I saw her post about it on IG, I messaged her asking her to think of me if she ever decides to sell it... a few weeks later she decided to make more and offered this one to me!  It really makes a statement above our mantle that time doesn't exist on the patio!
I've incorporated a lot of galvanized pieces out here ~ It seems to very fitting for the space.  I am enjoying switching plants out of the decor pieces.  Just a few weeks ago, I had hydrangeas in this piece below that I found on Craigslist . 
These are the perfect candle holders I found at World Market.  Home Depot offers votive sized citronella candles that are perfect for these candle holders.
Much of the decor is still the same. We have the same furniture from Rich's in Bellevue and many of my favorite eclectic pieces, like this cabinet... I kept it in the exact same place it was before on the patio, along with the old window and door. It felt good to pull all these cute pieces out of storage and get them back out to enjoy before summer ended.
I also still love my window coffee table from Melaine at My Sweet Savannah. I bought it from her years ago and love the special cottage feel it gives my outdoor living space.

Please notice the fantastic sign (above the main window in the photo below) that was made by Paula at Castle and Cottage.  She has made several signs for me here at my home, obviously I can't get enough of them.

Another new sign that was custom made for us, is this "Patio Rules" sign by Megan at Sawyer Leigh Boutique.  I found her while exploring Instagram.  She made another sign for me that I will plan to share hopefully next week. The entire family came up with their favorite things to do on the patio. Megan incorporated and customized the layout and special font for the sign. It turned out amazing and is a perfect addition to this space.
If you looked at the old photo's of the patio - you can see that the fireplace was moved from the center of the patio off to the corner... so now we get to enjoy the gardens while sitting out here.
I also added a few humming bird feeders to the patio garden beds and removed the seed feeders. I've really enjoyed seeing these little guys visit often.
A few new features we added to this space that we didn't have before was a television. I wasn't initially excited about it, because the original intention was to put it above the mantle.  As the patio progressed, it was decided to hang between our french doors to keep it protected from weather. Since we entertain a lot, it was important to my husband we had one for football games, UFC nights, movie nights with the kids etc. We even enjoyed the tail end of the 2016 Olympics on the patio.  

This cut out for firewood is new to us and has definitely been a favorite (& easy) feature that we added.

Also having a hearth that extends into a bench for extra seating has been perfect the few times we've needed extra seats.

Our countertop between the fireplace and the grill is quartz and hopeful it will be easier to maintain than the tile we had before. 

We also added ceiling heaters and look forward to using them this winter!

Thanks for coming over and visiting and seeing our patio reveal - I know I will be showing more photo's when I change the decor around.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask, i'm happy to share where I found something if I forgot to post about it. xoxo, tracie


Comments

Beth said…
What a lovely and welcoming space! FYI there is no need to add food coloring to hummingbird's 'juice'. In fact it can be harmful to the birds. The red on the feeders will attract them just fine.
It turned out so beautifully Tracie! All the heart eyes!!! I love how you can enjoy the gardens even more with the new placement of that amazing fireplace. And the clock was meant to be. I hope it does feel like time doesn't exist out there! I also love the wood storage area and all of your unique accessories. Fantastic job and worth the wait!! Xo, ~julie
Your patio looks like a resort I would love to spend time at! I love all the muted colors in your furniture, flooring and stone work. It allows the nature around you to pop!
Sylvia said…
Your patio is so lovely and peaceful, love the view from it also!
My Cozy Casita said…
Wow what lovely and welcoming place look soooo beautiful I live the way you put all the decorations now you enjoy patio and your lovely garden
Good job
Ave blessing day!!!!!
Isora
XO
peggy said…
It is so beautiful, you would never get me to come inside if I were there.
Junkchiccottage said…
Just a beautiful sanctuary you created here. Love it all.
Gorgeous.
Kris
Maribel said…
It is so beautiful, calm lovely colours.
Have a nice sunday/Marika
I can't begin to say how wonderful this spot is! You have a real talent, especially in designing outdoor spaces. It must be related to your gardening abilities!! Love everything. Let me know if you ever sell your home!!

Jane
Summer said…
Your patio is looking gorgeous and cozy! Nice flowers ♥

summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com
Dana Sebastian said…
so YAY! so beautiful I must say..It's perfect <3






~Dana@HAUS

Popular Posts