Fishtail Cottage's Christmas 2016... #2

Merry Christmas Everyone!
As I said in my last post, I am all about using live plants where ever possible. So I've collected quite a few poinsettias in both red and white to set throughout the house.  I believe they have made an excellent addition to nooks and crannies in my home.  This is the area you see as you walk into my home.


I found this Boxwood wreath at Trader Joe's the other day and hung it in the entry of our home.  I'm hoping it will dry beautifully, so I can use it again next year. 

I love this sign that I purchased years ago from Dore at Burlap Lux ~ if you've never visited her blog, please do so...she is so nice and her style is absolutely magical all year long. This sign has been one of my favorite purchases and I look forward to putting it up every year.

On one side of the front entry is my office ~ I spend quite a bit of time in here, so having this space decorated for Christmastime, makes it so enjoyable. How pretty are these tinsel trees I recently found to set with my paper houses.  The best part of all of this was my granddaughters reaction when she came over the other day and said "oh Nama...ho ho ho". She truly saw the magic of the lights and of course Santa in his sleigh.

Garland with the battery powered stary lights are my favorite discovery this year.  I snatched up several of these six foot strands at TJ Maxx and put them on all of my garland. I love not having to worry about cords. The best part, they are all on four hour timers - so I don't need to go around at night and make sure everything is turned off.

 I sure hope you are enjoying the holiday season as much as I am? Would love to hear what you are up to this week! xoxo, tracie



Comments

My Cozy Casita said…
I love all your Christmas decoration I do to put fresh poncitta around my house my HB like all natural as well my 🎄 , this year I put small three I loved
Your village in your office look so cute
I have the same furniture you have for many years I sold 2 years a go what a coincidence
My was from a Mexica store here in Miami if you look at my post you are going to see there
Have wontherful Christmas full happiness
Blessing
Isora
XO
Beautiful, Tracie! I would definitely guess that you'd be using plants for your Christmas decor! I adore your sofa table, everything is festive and wonderful! Have to go back and peek at Part 1!!

Jane x
Love your décor style! It is so pretty. I am so envious of your village and trees....I used to set one up but with two naughty kitties, I have to wait till they are older. That sign is just gorgeous...I went to the shop just in case she had any more. No such luck! I recently discovered fairy lights with batteries and can't wait to put them out.
GranthamLynn said…
What a lovely tour. I have a pointsettia from last year. But it's green I wonder when the turn red? I loved your post and tour. I'd love for you to come and link at The Count Down To Christmas. Come over and link all your Christmas posts!
http://ourholidayjourney.blogspot.com/2016/12/count-down-to-christmas-link-party.html
Merry Christmas!
Prairie Charm said…
Very beautiful Tracie ♥ Alexandra
Priscilla said…
Beautiful Christmas decor, Tracie🎄

Popular Posts