Fishtail Cottage Garden March / April 2017


This gorgeous photo of Nicco Pearl Camellia is what I have been waiting for since purchasing it almost a year ago for my patio planter.

Thank you so much to so many of you who have reached out privately wondering if I am okay and really appreciate hearing you've missed seeing my cottage gardens this spring!  I'm finally here today to share what has been going on here at Fishtail Cottage! We had a very cold and wet winter and spring, but finally this week we are experiencing sunshine, in fact it's forecasted that we will have dry weather and lot's of sunshine over the next few weeks.  With all of this sunshine, I feel like everything is blooming at once instead of have a spread out bloom season that I tried to plan out so very carefully.   I thought it would be best to share with you my earliest of Spring blooms and work my way up to what is blooming in March/April! There are just too many pretty flower and garden photo's that I have to share with you!

The first of my blooms was this Raspberry Splash Lungwort, I keep transplanting new starts throughout the landscape to bring color where early spring color is missing.
Another favorite first to bloom are the beautiful Hellebore, which come in so many colors and shapes now days, you cannot go wrong with any you find out there in your local nurseries.

Seeing all of the gorgeous trees begin to leaf out here at Fishtail Cottage brings so much hope to ones soul.  I especially love this Acer Japanese Maple Orido Nishiki.

Bergenia / "Elephant ear"

Love the bloom of Bradford Pear Trees, but the fragrance of them is just awful...just so funny how something so beautiful can produce such a horrible smell.

Seeing the Hino Crimson Azalea in the landscape makes my heart so happy!

This "Gold Heart" Bleeding Heart isn't the easiest to find - but with the chartreus foliage it makes it  a favorite bloom in the landscape.

Hosta's opening up is a good sign that summer weather is on its way.

So much opening up on the front walkway, but the "Impatiens Omeiana" (in the front) that almost glow in the dark at night is a favorite among guests here at my home.

The arbor going up to the chicken coop is beginning to see life of the Blush Noisette Climbing Rose and the Autumn Sunset Camillia.

The Japanese Acer that spills over the pondless waterfall is looking so pretty this time of year.  Birds love visiting now that the waterfall is getting some shad. One thing I do to keep my pond from algae is pouring a jug of vinegar in the water...it definitely keeps everything clean.


The Robar Camellia is so pretty lining the flagstone pathway this month. even when the petals fall to the ground they look just gorgeous!

As you can see so much evolved in the month of March and April ~ Can't wait to share with you more that has happened here at Fishtail Cottage in May!

If you want to see more photo's, please do follow me on Facebook and Instagram!

Thank you so much for coming over and visiting today! I've certainly missed interacting with everyone here on my blog.

Comments

Marvelous garden!I love camelias but where I live they aren't so common( hot weather here).Thank you so much for sharing!
Gorgeous gardens! We are just planting our new garden bed for the new house and I have finished the mulch for this round. We continue with the lawn seeding. It will take several years to get our new landscaping just as we want it but we are loving the process. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful blooms!! Zenda
Donna said…
Just beautiful! You have some plants that are not in my garden. Will have to make some notes to see if they will grow in zone 5.
Brenda Pruitt said…
You have some gorgeous blooms there in your garden!
Brenda
Stacey said…
So pretty! We are building a house right now and I think working on the yard is the part I'm looking forward to the most. :)
Prairie Charm said…
Missed your garden... every flower is so beautiful ♥ Alexandra
HWIT BLOGG said…
Oh so beautiful! Love your garden...
Always so nice visiting your blog!
Love from Titti

Popular Posts