Angel Wings…

If you follow my blog, you know that I hosted a Ladies Luncheon last month in Honor of my dear friend Ashley Trenner.  The luncheon was to raise awareness about Melanoma and raise money for Melanoma research ~ all money went to the AIM Foundation. If you missed that post, you can read about it here
Because I couldn’t have been successful without all of those involved, I thought I would make my friends something special to thank them for all of their extra time and effort they committed. 
Angel Wings…
IMG_6322
Last year after Christmas, I bought several Angel Wings at World Market and thought I could use them for something down the road…at the time, I believed I would use them for Valentine décor ~ but I think I forgot about them until recently.  Gifting these angel wings to my dear friends that participated whole heartedly in this luncheon ~ seems so appropriate.
A few things about Ashley that you should know is that she loved glitter. She would apply it after getting ready for her day, and it wasn’t uncommon to find it on yourself after spending time with her ~ it was one of those things about her that you would smile about! Ashley also loved anything Hello Kitty…she was a grown up that had a fondness of Hello Kitty like no other – her home and car (yes, even jewelry & clothing) was especially doused with a fair share of hello kitty!  So now when ever I see Hello Kitty paraphernalia or a trail of glitter ~ I really do believe it’s her saying Hi!
Snatching a can of glitter spray paint from Michaels and adorning these feathered wings with a coating of glitter was a perfect combination.  I ordered Hello Kitty charms from Roberts Bracelet Shop Etsy Site. Tags were purchased from The Porcelain Rose Etsy Site. Tying the Hello Kitty onto the wing with a pretty ribbon and packaging them up in cellophane bags made them absolutely gorgeous! 
IMG_6334IMG_6323IMG_6324IMG_6329
Ashley posted this photo on her Facebook page before she passed ~ & how true it is…
image\
Love & miss you Ashley every day!  This ornament will serve as a reminder how special you are and how much you are missed. 
IMG_6321
To see where else I am linking to this week – please check my “Cottage Links” label…xoxo, tracie
PS – Follow Fishtail Cottage on Facebook / Pinterest

Comments

A beautiful heartfelt post, <3
Tracie, this is so sweet, it brought tears to my eyes. What beautiful angel wings! You're special touches make them so personal, real tributes to Ashley! Wonderful idea you had to have a charity event! I'm sorry I missed the post about it - I'll be sure to read it! If this leg, hip, whatever it is ever heals, maybe I'll finally be able to catch up! Hugs, Leena
pballard said…
Lovely post. I love the wings and the glitter added. Thanks for sharing. I am leaving in a few for a hospice candle light vigil for my mom who passed of cancer 1/21/2013! I miss her so so much especially with the holidays. Happy Thanksgiving.
HeatherF1 said…
I got teary reading this as well. What a wonderful woman she must have been! What a great friend you continue to be!
Unknown said…
First of all, I'm sure that Ashley would have been so honoured that you took the time to host this charity event in her honour.
Secondly, those angels wings are the perfect thank you for your helpers.
Thirdly, I love the saying Ashley left us.
And finally, you are such a special person. I feel it with every one of your posts.
Have a super day.
Unknown said…
what a beautiful gift to remind all of you of a beautiful soul. i think of her too....although i never knew her.....i felt as if i did through your heartfelt and loving posts about your friendship with her and her battle against skin cancer. blessings to you this Thanksgiving dear Tracie.
Cynthia said…
What a beautiful tribute to Ashley. The wings are so pretty and a great way to remember her.

Cynthia
Anonymous said…
You are such a beautiful person! I have tears welling up in my eyes because, well... because! We know how much Ashley meant to you and how difficult it must be without her but like her post said..."She Who Leaves A Trail of Glitter is Never Forgotten"! Your angel wings are just so perfect for the gift...
Hugs my sweet blogging sister,
Beth P
Love the angel wings Tracie
and your beautiful love filled post
Blessings
Pam
Ann said…
They are beautiful and what a sweet gift to give those helpers. I saw your link over at Shabbylicious.
Kathy said…
These are marvelous, Tracie, what a sweet way to commemorate the loveliness of your friend. I will be featuring your post in this week's A Return to Loveliness,
Kathy

Popular Posts