Fishtail Cottage's Christmas 2016...#1

I want to wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving! 

 I have been keeping myself busy decorating for the holidays these past couple weeks and couldn't be more exited to share my home with you! 

I love changing out my front porch for the holidays....  It makes the HOLIDAYS feel so 'official'! 

I thinned out much of my Christmas decorations by sending a few boxes of decorations to my son who recently moved to Florida, and my daughter who just bought her first house in Michigan. It felt good to share our holiday memories with them in their new locations, yet gives me less of a fuss going through everything here at home. I'm actually starting to love the more simple approach I've taken with the decorating this year.  I've tried to use more natural additions, such as live garland fresh cut trees and plants to both the outside, and inside of my home.

Here is a peek of what I want to show you today of the outside of my home...


The back patio, you may remember was recently renovated (click here if you'd like to see that post).  Here it is all decked out for the Holidays for our family to enjoy. I can attest that it looks so much more cozy in the dark, with the fire going and all the twinkling lights. I've been out visiting early flea markets and took a trip to Snohomish this week and found a few great additions to add to this space. 

 
 
 
I have been so inspired seeing so many other Blogs, Pinterest boards and especially my Instagram friends already decorating for the holidays, that I just couldn't wait to get my own holiday decorating started.  I'm sure I will add more throughout the season, but with all I already have done, I am really looking forward to enjoying and relaxing this upcoming Christmas season with my friends and family this year!


 How about you? Have you started your Christmas decorating?  xoxo, tracie





Comments

My Cozy Casita said…
Thank you, Same to you and your have a blessing Thanksgiving full of happiness , your home look beautiful I wish good look to your Son and daughter in there new home to many blessing for them and to you!
Happy Thamksgiving!
XOX
Isora
Unknown said…
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours Tracie.
Ooohhh, new beginnings. Congratulations to your son and daughter.
You home is luvly as always, and yes, I went ahead and got some of the décor up as ae are leaving later today for the Bahamas. So when we return next week, I only have a bit left to take care of. Let the holidays begin!!!!
Hugs, Gee
Bernideen said…
Beautiful Holiday decorating!
Junkchiccottage said…
Just beautiful.
Hugs,
Kris
Its so lovely and cozy Trish. I still love seeing your gardens, I scan the pictures to see details. I loved the first pic with the maidenhair fern in the lantern, maidenhair fern has to be my number one favorite green plant of all time, I always need several and am ruined one doesnt do well, they certainly do not like being moved or touched :D Have the best Holiday ever!
It all looks so lovely Tracie. Love the inviting garden entrance too.
Thank you for linking up at Shabbilicious Friday this week. I'm delighted to be featuring you at tomorrow's party. Hugs xx
Julie said…
Wow, what beautiful outdoor spaces you have created! Stopping by from Shabbalicious Friday :)

Popular Posts