Out with the old & in with the new…


So I found a fantastic consignment store that takes décor that I no longer love. Today I took a car load of goodies to drop off.  This makes me feel a little better about the “in with the new” part!

This rooster is a perfect find to add to my kitchen butcher block!  This little guy stands 22” tall, he’s all white with a touch of cream in the creases of his detail, which ties into the shabby, french country, look I’ve been trying to bring in to lighten the mood in my home. 

He’s a fantastic addition!!!

001



I succumbed to rustic candle holders I found at Pottery Barn – they are a good fit and bring in that rustic feel I’ve been searching for (as you saw in my last blog, “fancy” wasn’t working). 

004003



I moved my pastry plate w/cloche to my kitchen to family room pass through & got rid of my wrought iron basket that used to sit there.

008

Remember the silver footed rectangular tray I found at the flea market? Well I am hoping it tarnishes & gives some character to my hutch. 

I also have more silver pieces in a box in the cellar that hosts many pieces that I received for wedding gifts…..thinking maybe I will go through that box soon as I’m sure those items will help give some character to this hutch as well.

009010

Found this terracotta statue at one of my favorite boutiques in Kirkland Haley’s Cottage. There is always something that catches my eye that has to come home with me!  This is a perfect addition to my gardening section of magazine collection on my family room shelf!

Loving the chippy white paint.


006006
Added some cinnamon pinecones by the front door on my hall tree! Smells so yummy when you walk by.

017018

These were added to the outside patio hooks in place of hanging floral baskets. Those just won’t be happy this time of year!

012



(Again) Surrendered to more perfect finds at Pottery Barn ….just can’t help myself sometimes….the terrarium, ceramic bird, terra cotta pot and burlap lamp shade were the perfect find to go with my Grandmother’s vintage coasters & I was able to use the lamp base I already had.



007005023

At the Ruffles and Lace event in Monroe, I was honored to meet the artist Rhonda Addison and purchase this canvas piece embellished in rhinestones that says “Quiet Strength”. 

Such a romantic reminder to keep your chin up!

030

Such a romantic reminder to keep your chin up!

036

more changes are on their way……everything is coming together!

Comments

Burlap Luxe said…
Hi Tracie,
It looks great over here. I love the added touches you have found to add to the new look you are taking on. What a great find on that Rooster...I just love it, in that very French way.

A whole new adventure sharing your finds and inspiring others.

See you soon
xoxo
Dore
Beautiful home and I see you like roosters and vintage chippy things like I do. Thanks for adding yourself as a follower of my blog. I just did the same.
Thanks so much for stopping by and following my blog, so I could find your lovely blog, too! I love what you are doing and am looking forward to reading more...I am a new follower, too!
Tracie I love your loveseat! It has such wonderful character. It reminds me of something you'd find in an English Cottage...like in the movie 'The Holiday'. Your home is evolviing and I'm enjoying following along with you. I love your enthusiasm! Thanks for taking us along for the ride. Maura :)
Naturally Carol said…
I have just become a new follower too..12th December...I am just catching up a bit reading your posts. Please feel welcome to read mine too. I read your last post and feel your white bowl with the pine cones in it is a perfect style match for your house. Simply elegant and classic without being fussy! You have a fair amount of detail in the rooms of your house so you don't need much in the accessories...my opinion only!

Popular Posts