Fishtail Cottage’s Garden 8/4/14…

IMG_5076So I can’t even begin to tell you how gorgeous it has been here in Seattle!  We are still experiencing a tremendous amount of heat and no amount of watering is giving my landscape relief. As I walked the garden looking for flowers worth photographing, I just see the ‘to do’ list growing in my head of what needs to be done out there when the weather cools a bit.  For now, I am just enjoying the garden for what it is and what plants are embracing this type of heat.

 

As you can  see, the Vanilla Strawberry Hydrangeas are turning to the anticipated darker shades of pink. Just so pretty in the garden!IMG_5075

The other hydrangeas have not been so happy ~ however, this one next to the patio has sustained its beauty because of the afternoon shade.

IMG_5100

But the sad reality of so many of the others look like this…

IMG_5123

The roses continue to put out some pretty color ~

IMG_5096IMG_5107

More mallow continue to bloom and give the bees and hummingbirds places to visit.

IMG_5090

IMG_5130The bird bath’s seem to dry up so quickly, therefore I decided to add this fantastic “Perky-Pet Top Fill Wild Bird Waterer” to the front yard.  IMG_5131The lid collects and filters rain water (although these last couple weeks ~ I’ve had to fill it up myself)  It holds 64 ounces of water ~ so far it seems to last a couple days at a time.  Doesn’t spill either!  The birds have been happily visiting for a cool drink on a regular basis!  It’s been fun to watch them from my window. If you need one for your garden, Click here… you will love having one too!

Still hard to believe we are moving right along into our first week of August.  I hope you all enjoy your week this week ~ and remember to join in the new garden party that I mentioned in last weeks post!

IMG_5082

xoxo, tracie

Comments

Junkchiccottage said…
Gorgeous. Love your garden pictures.
Thanks for sharing the beauty with all of us.
Kris
Pondside said…
We are having the very same sort of weather - everything droops in the heat of the afternoon and perks up as the sun moves. Those hydrangeas are absolutely stunning. I will have to go on the hunt for that variety!
ANNE said…
it all looks gorgeous (even if the hydrangeas won't cooperate!)

Sonia said…
Oh I love that strawberry hydrangea!! I bought a "pinky winky variety this year..hope mine is as beautiful as yours someday! Love your garden and all your flowers!
Miss Bloomers
Beth said…
What a lovely strawberry hydrangea. I'm intrigued by your Perky Pet Bird waterer - I'll check it out. Looking forward to the Garden Party tomorrow.
angie said…
ihre hortensien und ihre dekoration sind wunderschön!!! alles liebe von angie
Carole West said…
This is so pretty - I love all the color combinations. Great pictures!

Carole @ Garden Up green
Linda said…
Thanks for the tour! Are those pea gee hydrangeas?? Love their colour.
Faded Charm said…
My hydrangeas are getting all dried up too. This heat we've been having is taking it's toll on them:-(

Hope you are enjoying your Summer. It's going way too fast for me and I've been busier than I want to be. We still need to talk about the possibility of a visit:-)

xoxo
Kathleen
What a beautiful hydrangea!
Sherry
priscilla said…
Gorgeous flowers ! Love those Vanilla Strawberry hydrangeas .. going to have to plant one of those!
Tracie, it's gorgeous! Thank you for sharing. You are one of the features today at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link to this week’s party. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2014/08/make-it-pretty-monday-week-111.html Hope to see your prettiness again at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse
Tracie, we have been having lots of rain and cooler than normal temps. Isn't life crazy? I have been busy cutting back in the garden like crazy! Every week I fill the garbages with Hollyhocks, sunflowers, and others that are starting to look spent. I have to start early and get it done before Winter comes and it's too late. Hard to believe that it's not that far off. Thanks for sharing with SYc.
hugs,
Jann
Tracie Im so in love with your Hydrangeas mine bloomed profusely last summer but didnt this summer? any advise?
GRACE PETERSON said…
Those hydrangeas are to die for. Lovely!

Popular Posts